The Blackout Edition is preferred sunglass for Military Special Forces. The frame features our matte black logo instead of the regular silver edged logo, with no reflective colors and surfaces on the frame.
The Wraptor is one of Gatorz most popular frames. Their uncanny ability to seemingly suit almost every type of face has not gone unnoticed. The Wraptor is king of the wrap style, and provides just the right amount of lens coverage.
The Wraptor has been worn by the U.S. Military, sportsmen, bikers, sky divers and even Mark Wahlberg. It works well on nearly all face types and sizes, and its wrap style and rounded lenses make it one of our best selling models.
Gatorz Inferno™ lens series features state-of-the-art photochromic fusion technology that results in superior transitional performance. Unlike traditional photochromic lenses which utilize an exterior coating, our encapsulated photochromic dye is protected from the elements and thus the lifespan of our photochromic lenses is greatly improved. When used indoors, the Inferno™ lenses provide crystal clear vision and superior optics. When exposed to sunlight, the tint of the lens will automatically darken, reducing light transmission and provided the user with an all-encompassing utility lens suitable for any kind of activity.
- "Blackout" matte black Gatorz Logo
- TruRay Inferno Optics
- 100% UV Protection
- High impact resistant polycarbonate lens
- Anti scratch coating
- Hydrophobic coating (repels water)
- Oleophobic coating (repels grease, dirt etc)
- 7075 Aircraft grade aluminum frame construction
- Made in USA
Important information on Gatorz Inferno™ lenses:
Inferno™ lenses need direct UV light in order to transitions from clear to dark. The lenses will not darken when inside of a vehicle, covered by a hat or helmet, or under heavy cloud cover or shade of any kind.
- Activation Process: Inferno™ lenses will need to be worn for approximately one week in order to achieve optimal performance. These lenses do tend to work better under cooler temperatures. You may try putting your glasses in the freezer for 10-15 minutes in order to speed up the initial activation (or break-in) process, but DO NOT adjust your eyewear until the frame has returned to room temperature.
- Lenses will take approximately 30-45 seconds to transition to dark.
- Lenses will take approximately 45-60 seconds to transition back to clear.
- Shelf Life: Because transitional coating uses a chemical reaction, the Inferno™ lenses have a shelf life of approximately 2-3 years.